Husband harassing me, how to move for divorce ?

I'm meantal depressed always he shout on me I can't do by my own thing I'm only wrong person from them.many time I told my problem to my mom n dad they only say we girls have to bear all this problem this is only small problem now I'm pregnant I don't now what to do know I'm taking step to take divorce this step took me one year to take

Answers (5)

303 votes

You should meet an advocate and discuss in detail all the options. You can seek protection under protection of women from domestic violence act or file for Divorce if you have completed one year of marriage if married under Hindu Marriage Act. Any litigation in court will take its time and since you are pregnant more advisable to meet an advocate at the earliest. If not approach the police for complaint against any kind of abuse by husband.Girls and woman don't have to bear violence in silence we have laws in this country to protect them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

259 votes

Dear client first file complaint against husband with women cell of police for harassment. Then file domestic violence case in court for mental harassment. Then file divorce on the ground of cruelty. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
105 votes

I sympathise with your situation and salute your courage in taking your first not worry.we are here to help.
1.Is your husband agreeable for Divorce?
2.How long have you been married?
3.Are your residing togther?

195 votes

Send him a notice for divorce on the ground of cruelty and then file a petition through a lawyer as per provisions of marriage act of your religion you can even claim Maintainance and share in property of your husband

269 votes

Is he ready to give a divorce ?
Yes you can send him a notice for divorce on the ground of cruelty.Then you file a petition through advocate as per provisions of marriage act by your religion( Hindu/ muslim/ christian/) and you can also claim for Maintainance and legal part in property of your husband.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles