quesHusband forcing for mutual divorce what can i do to protect myself

my husband moved from bangalore to gurgaon , i ve my house in mumbai , we had few fights and we are newly wedded last year , now on instigation from family he is not sharing with me where he is putting up in gurgaon thereby not allowing me to stay with him , he is also coercing me for mutual consent divorce , i wanted to know what can i do in this case to protect myself

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansChoice is yours. Everything depends upon your capacity, determination. Either you can go for mutual consent or you can fight. If you decide to go for mutual consent divorce and if it is ok with you then ask for a permanent compensation. or else you can file domestic violence case plus 498a case.

      Advocate Milind Achyut Kale

        Kharkar Ali Road, Thane

    • ansDear client mutual divorce can file when both husband and wife is ready for divorce. If u ready not ready for divorce then yr husband have to file contested divorce and when he file divorce in court then court will send u notice about that. For any legal help call me

      Adv Prasad Patil

      Advocate Prasad Patil

        Pimple Saudagar, Pune

    • ansIn this situation, you should file maintenance cases against him, he has to pay maintenance as well as rent amount to you. There is also mediation process in court,hence he may ask you to continue marital life with you or else he will has to pay maintenance till lifetime...

      Advocate Shashi Chaturvedi

        Dombivli, Thane

    • ansHi for filing mutual divorce you have to wait for 1 year. You can send notice or file criminal case, maintenance, domestic violence case to pressurise him to stop from filing divorce and threatening you

    • ansYou can file an NC against him and the police will help you getting his address and then you have many options depending on what you want to do. You can join him wherever he is staying secondly you can file for maintenance ( if you are not working) compensation ( to be discussed ) under the Domestic violence act in mumbai.You also have the option to send him a legal notice which might initiate talks.

      Advocate Shalini Devi

        Goregoan East, Mumbai

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    we got married on 27/04/2015 and after one month we felt that we as a…

    i m hindu married woman ,married under hindu marriage act and living with husband since…
    I am married for 10yrs with one child of 6yrs age. I want to go…

    I was a married resident of Dubai, and currently located in Mumbai with my children…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly