Husband does not want to pay rent during Divorce proceedings

Hi, I have filed divorce under 13(A) in family court. Current stage is counselling. religion Hindu. My wife filed 2 application. she is well earning. 1. HMA 24 for interim maintenance 2. Application for house rent (no section mentioned) My lawyer filed combined reply for both. One 1st date of reply judge passed order with no proper argument. 1. for HMA 24 no maintenance as she is earning 2. Order to pay rent under divorce I heard that there is no provision to provide rent under divorce. Also if she is earning well still order is passed in her favor. Please advice what should be done to as i do not want to pay rent. 1. Can i put Application for review 2. who will review it 3. After no success in review can i go to high court 4. what is time period to submit application in HC. 5. what are the chances of winning in high court 6. please provide best solution as per your experience

Answers (1)

346 votes

if you are earning then you will not get interim maintenance, if you both are residing in the same house and if husband is not paying then you can argue accordingly in the court, but if you are alone residing then, as you are earning you will not get relief same

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles