how to revise alimony as amount was 2000 decided in 2005 is too less

My name is pooja i ask question against my aunt. my aunt her divorce in 2005 and that time decide alimony 2000/- her per month its not sufficient in this time so please concern me what we do against refile alimony.

Answers (2)

230 votes

She can file application before the trial court showing her needs and demand for additional alimony. Simultaneously she can also file a complaint under Domestic Violence act and clam the relifs she is in need of.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

311 votes

Madam firstly you have not specific under which matter the said amount was awarded, Advocate has to go through that judgment. As far enhancement is concern you have to prove the other side income n his present earning so as to seek enhancement .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles