How to reply for perjury in maintenance and reply to divorce petition

Wife lied in reply to my petition of divorce and in her petition of maintenance. Apart from contradictory statements in the above petitions, she claimed that she was hospitalized due to food poisoning while she actually made a suicide attempt. Assume I have indisputable proof of her suicide attempt. I know this falls under perjury. What I want to know is that what should be my best course to action to expedite the divorce by using the perjury as described above. She doesn't want to give divorce and doesn't want to reconcile. Request you to please don't preach of re-conciliation. I am done with that and wasted a good 5-6 years of mine and have caused my parents several diseases. How should I proceed in this?

Answers (1)

97 votes

You can file an application under section 340 CR.PC for the person deposing falsely in the court with her facts in the reply. you can ask your lawyer to file a reply in the said divorce petition and you can contest the said petition filed by her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles