How to reduce amount of maintenance

My wife seperated in26month.ihave two small children.iam gov empyolee earned38thousand per monthand court decude intrim order time which file section9or section13(1)

Answers (2)

308 votes

Sir, if u have strong fact and evidence against ur wife ,or any income source of ur wife then u can file application in the the appropriate court for revised interim amount of rs13000 ,rest on VI's a vise

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

No court can grant more than 1/5 of actual salary of the husband. If this amount is more than 1/5 of the actual salary, then you may challenge the order of maintenance relating to quantum. Engage some lawyer to challenge the same and get stay from the court. If you failed to deposit the maintenance amount your wife may file execution petition for recovery of outstanding maintenance amount which may result you to go civil jail also.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles