How to proceed with separation legally

I got married in 2016 currently 27yrs old,I have been experiencing severe mental torture from my husband's family where I felt to commit suicide, lost my baby due to mental stress from them. I have no support from my husband and he has got 5.5 lakhs of money for the marriage and still now greedy to get more money from my father who is supporting my husband thinking that he will take care of me well if he give more money to my husband. My father is not understanding my difficulties and supporting my husband. My husband also acting to me to live with him for the money sake. I don't believe him and want legal separation. I enquired about him and his family in their surroundings, all said them as complete fraud. Pls advice, How to proceed this?

Answers (3)

71 votes

First you have to decide whether you want to live with him or not. Do you want to apply for divorce? Once you have decided then I can give you advice accordingly. You have to discuss your case in detail because your father is against you and is not supporting you. You can contact me for a detailed discussion so that I can give a clear and proper guidance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

196 votes

I refer to the above post if you want to divorce from him you can file domestic violence complaint before the jurisdiction magistrate and subsequently you can file divorce along with maintenance application.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
228 votes

Is it one year completed?. Pls collect some documents for their harassment. We have to prove the mental torture before court. We can apply for divorce in appropriate court and get the decree of divorce. You can get alimony and maintenance from your husband. For more details please contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles