How to get divorce if both the parties are willing to get divorce

If divorce is taking time, there is any other way like doing registered notary on stamp paper, having details like both the parties (husband and wife) are not willing to live together and both are free in there future ahead. If they like to do second marriage or so on.

Answers (3)

318 votes

If you both are agree for divorce ther is a provision to file petition before the court in mutual consent and it will take 6 months time after filing of the petition if you both are agree to take divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

195 votes

there is no other way like doing registered notary on stamp paper, other than invoking the provisions of law and instituting a petition before the Hon'ble Court of law for your needed relief, that the Hon'ble Court on the facts and circumstances may grant relief

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
195 votes

You both have option to file mutual petiton for dive and may took 8-9 months for granting divorce.
That is legal and reisttered notary on stamp papers etc are no way help you in future. Approaching court is the oly option.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles