quesHow to file for divorce and get child custody as well?

My husband verbally and emotionally abuses me and mentally tortures me as well.I want a divorce.I need to know if I can make an out of court settlement with him that I will not file a case of verbal and emotional abuse against him if he agrees to give me custody of my 9 year old daughter.He is a heavy drinker and I can't let him have custody of my daughter.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansAs per the details provided by you it appears that your husband gives you cruel treatment. Under Hindu marriage act there are various grounds under which you can seek divorce and cruelty being one of them you can file a divorce petition and can also ask for maintenance for you and your daughter and also ask for custody of your daughter.


      Advocate Radhika Pachpor

        Erandwane, Pune

    • ansIf u want mutual consent divorce you have to talk with husband or you can consult lawyer on that aspect. You can also file divorce petition on ground if cruelty which you have to prove in court of law. You can also claim custody of daughter n maintenance in same matter.

      Advocate Pramod Kale

        District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    my wife is HIV+ so is her family. she had a relation with her brother…

    F.I.R is registered. Inquiry is going on.Now Police is telling they want to visit Delhi…

    I am married since 5 years now and I have a 3.5 years old daughter.…

    Married in 2011. Earlier i used to work, my mother in law used to take…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly