×

queshow should i get divorce from my wife

We got married 1 year ago and it was a love marriage. However, we dont get along well as she does what she wants and we have been fighting regularly. Please tell me how can I get divorce and how much time it will take.

If she is ready then you may take divorce mutually, otherwise you will have to file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty and harashment and for that you should have concrete evidences of cruelty and harrasment.

• anssad to know but yes you can file the divorce petition before the proper court of law . however even you both are ready for divorce then also it will take minimum six month to conclude the proceeding.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansSir,
      Firstly from your query for getting divorce only ground for You is cruelty which you have to prove time required depends how case goes. Secondly both of you agree than you can file mutual divorce petition for which 6 months period from filing petition. for both these petition 1 years of marriage should be completed than only you can file petition. I will prefer to get mutual consent divorce petition if wife agrees for which both can contact One Advocate jointly.
      Regards
      Pramod Kale.
      Advocate

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansIf she is ready then you may take divorce mutually, otherwise you will have to file divorce petition on th e ground of cruelty and harashment and for that you should have concrete evidences of cruelty n harrashment.

Advocate Uday Jadhav

Bibvewadi, Pune