How can I seek Divorce on the grounds of Marital Rape and Cruelty

We married under special marriage act as i am Muslim and my husband is Hindu. Due to this my family abandoned me .He got the idea that i cant go anywhere and he started using it to both comment on me and mentally frustrate me. I was maritally raped once when i was unconscious by my husband and subjected to multiple sexual perversions . Due to nowhere to go I stayed silent and tried to mend the marriage. Now we have a 2 year old daughter and over years his comments and lies and his slow mental torture has made me despise him . Now i want a divorce and i talked to him about it . He told that he will take my daughter to a different city with himself. My question is 1) Can the incident of marital rape which happened 2 years ago and of which he admitted on a call recording be showed to court to get a divorce. 2)What are the proofs i am required to submit as years of torture had left me depression too of which i recently came out

Answers (3)

276 votes

You have to approach a local lawyer who will hear all your reasons and arrive at the just and right grounds of cruelty for you to file for divorce

--- Advocate C V Srinivasa

--- Advocate C V Srinivasa

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

please know that causing metal, physical, financial cruelty on proof entitles for decree of divorce of the marriage. With regards to the marital rape also requires the proof. By pleading so also get divorce. It is also good ground for seeking divorce. Have divorce and get rid of the unwanted in your life. Good Luck.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
323 votes

Consult and discuss more and you can file divorce on the ground of cruelty etc., and you recorded to be produce before the court for evidence. Consult and discuss and file a suit against your husband .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles