how can i get the custody of my unborn child if we are divorced

I am 4 months pregnant and my husband has asked for divorce. I was a working woman but have quit my job since a year and half. He has trust issues and thinks that I have a bad character as I have many guy friends.. I will confess one thing. I used to chat with a friend of mine and it was sexual chat. But I never met him in person or anyone other than my husband. I refused to divorce him because I am pregnant. He said, if I want to stay with him then I can never go to my parents place and have to permanently disconnect socially. i want the custody of my child. if we get divorce. is it possibl

Answers (2)

292 votes

Even if you get divorced then till the age of 7 years minimum the custody of the minor child shall be with his/her mother only. Thereafter also as per facts and situations the one who can take better care will be having the custody of the said it is possible that you my get the custody of said child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

108 votes

There is no provision under law for unborn kid custody. But right of mother is guaranteed till kid is able to understand. As far divorce its on merit of case, but surely get custody n maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles