How can i file divorce? Husband is greedy and I want custody of child.

Hi, I am 37 yrs old woman from Mumbai , based in Dubai . My husband is also from Mumbai . I am in deep dilemma as being a love marriage I find my husband with whom Ian married for 7 yrs now is only interested in money , he abuses my parents a lot and asks me bro all the bonds with them , he only listens to his parents and all my say falls on deaf ears . I don't feel like continuing with this marauders but am sckepticcal because of my6 years old daughter . Moreover I want her with me in any situation as he an do no good for her even after earning well.

Answers (3)

76 votes

Dilemma for what.? If you are in dilemma what advice you want ? First make up your mind as to what exactly you want.... If you want to go for divorce or stay separately from the husband then something can be done. There are enough remedies available under the law to protect your rights and seek maintenance for you and your daughter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

243 votes

Yes of course u can file divorce petition, D V petition etc against husband but you have to prove the allegations of cruelty. You can also claim custody of daughter n her all her can also file police complaint u.s 498A to nearby police station or any police station around India.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
292 votes

if you want to initiate legal proceeding as per Indian law, then you can very well file divorce petition wherever you last resided or where you are residing at present in India. you can also file prosecution under Inbdian penal Code and petition under Domestic Voilance Act.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles