Harassment by husband how can I claim for divorce

Hii, my husband drinks a lot & he hit for money. he also speak valgaour language . I can't stay with him. so i require divorce

Answers (3)

127 votes

You have not mentioned the year of your marriage but still if your marriage is more than one year you can file case for divorce. You have not given detail reason for divorce so that your marriage has reached where there is no return

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

Yes you can take divorce from your husband on the ground of mental and physical cruelty. If you are a hindu then Sec.13(1) (ia) of Hindu marriage act will be applicable. If suppose you are house wife without any source of income then in order to maintain yourself you can claim maintenance from him. Domestic Violence Act is also comes to your protection from your husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
205 votes

the question you have asked is incomplete, for suitable advise require date of marriage, the facts and circumstance, incidents in particular etc., however you can consult conciliator along with your husband for advise,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles