Harassed by husband how how can take divorce from my husband

Hi.. I got married around 1 1/2 years back. I have 5 month baby boy. I am a Muslim. My husband was good with me for 1 year but later he started showing his colours.. Now he beats me for small things. Taunts me and blackmails saying he will marry again and take my son away after 7 years. Last week when he slapped me I left the house with the baby. Plz help me what should i do.. I can't stay with him anymore neither I can lose my baby. Please help. He is warning me saying for I don't come back to him he will take the baby from me legally. And refuses to accept that he tortures me. 

Answers (3)

75 votes

Dear client mother is natural gaurdian of child up to give years age. If he try any illegal thing to snack baby immediately call police. Also immediately file complaint against him with women cell of police under sec 4o8 a for physical torture. Also file domestic violence case for mental harassment. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

57 votes

Firstly do you want to divorce him? If yes then you may divorce your husband under section 2 (viii) (a) of Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939.

Secondly if you want to safeguard your child and make sure that you remain baby's guardian forever, you have to file a custody petition in the family court under Guardians and Ward Act, India

Thirdly to deal with his cruelty you may file a Domestic Violence Petition against him. Make sure you register a police compliant asap and also write a letter to your community head. collect strong evidence of his cruelty.

For more information you can visit my Bombay/Pune office.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
226 votes

File police complaint for cruelty caused to you by your husband. Also file case before magistrate under domestic voilence act. Poloce will settle your grievance. Your Husband should know that, you can do anything, then he will stop cruelty towards you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles