Got divorce through stamp paper how to get divorce decree

I took divorce from my husband in 1994 on stamp paper. My husband bought my passport with his name without my knowledge. Now I and my current husband require to have passport, passport office told passport is already exists with your name. To change spouse name, submit decree certificate. When I got divorce my older husband was residing outside India. I do not know that where he and his family is right now. One person from the office told me to get single side decree certificate. I'm confused what is exact solution to get decree without my older husband. Thank you

Answers (1)

213 votes

File a writ petition in the High Court for Direction to passport office to issue you passport in such circumstances. Where is that stamp paper and is your second marriage registered? If it is registered that after due verification the High Court may allow your writ Petition. further detai consultation is need for facts and circumtances

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles