girls family threatening to file false case against brother.What to do

thing is my brother had actually eloped. he had got married to a girl in temple. later after that thy bth got separate. she stayed out in a hostel and my brother moved back to house, now my brother wants to get separated from her compltly, but the girl is saying she will file a fasle rape case n dowry case on my family, she even threatens of money and committing suicide at times. what should we do?

Write a complaint to the concerned police station and then file for anticipatory bail. If the marriage took place with proper ceremonies then there can be no charges of rape. However if the girl is threatening you with other false cases and is acting suicidal then you must approach the court and file for anticipatory bail. The order you get from the Court will require your release in the event of arrest.

These days lots of queries like this are asked and similar cases are filed in court and majority of such cases ends in acquittal. If a girl is legally wedded then she cannot file a rape case against her husband. She can file dowry case but in your case she cannot prove any dowry as the marriage took place without any pomp and show. If she threatens you on phone then you can do recording of the conversation and make a complaint to police along with such recording. Police can take action against her and can also register the case of extortion if any cognizable offence is made out.