girls family threatening to file false case against brother.What to do

thing is my brother had actually eloped. he had got married to a girl in temple. later after that thy bth got separate. she stayed out in a hostel and my brother moved back to house, now my brother wants to get separated from her compltly, but the girl is saying she will file a fasle rape case n dowry case on my family, she even threatens of money and committing suicide at times. what should we do?

Answers (2)

329 votes

Write a complaint to the concerned police station and then file for anticipatory bail. If the marriage took place with proper ceremonies then there can be no charges of rape. However if the girl is threatening you with other false cases and is acting suicidal then you must approach the court and file for anticipatory bail. The order you get from the Court will require your release in the event of arrest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

132 votes

These days lots of queries like this are asked and similar cases are filed in court and majority of such cases ends in acquittal. If a girl is legally wedded then she cannot file a rape case against her husband. She can file dowry case but in your case she cannot prove any dowry as the marriage took place without any pomp and show. If she threatens you on phone then you can do recording of the conversation and make a complaint to police along with such recording. Police can take action against her and can also register the case of extortion if any cognizable offence is made out.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles