×

quesFiling for divorce. How to avoid wife from taking my joint property?

if a person is joint owner of property(house) with parent. in order to avoid wife to acquire property right, is it possible to remove his name from property ? case is not filed from any side yet

If you are a joint owner with your parents then you can execute a deed of relinquishment and thereby conferring them the absolute right in the entire property.

Then your wife cannot claim any share/rights over that property as your parents will be the sole owner of the same. Your wife is entitle to claim share only with respect to your property(if it is in existence).

A person can transfer a property from joint owners to single owners by way of Transfer or gift. the same must be registered and the necessary stamp duty and registration fees must be paid. 

• ansIrrespective of the the reason, a person can transfer a property from joint owners to single owners by way of Transfer or gift. the same must be registered and the necessary stamp duty and registration fees must be paid.

Advocate Praneeta Sharma

Saiyad Ul Ajaib, Delhi

• ansIf you are a joint owner with your parents then you can execute a deed of relinquishment and thereby conferring them the absolute right in the entire property. Then your wife cannot claim any share/rights over that property as your parents will be the sole owner of the same. Your wife is entitle to claim share only with respect to your property(if it is in existence).

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore