Filed restitution case. Now threatened by in laws for false case.

Married in February in UP. Last i stayed with her in Delhi. Her job is in Chennai. She hasn't come to Delhi for 6 months now. Now we have filed restitution of conjugal rights but summons have not been issued. Now they threatened us to file false cases against us. How can we safeguard ourselves?

Answers (3)

230 votes

Dear Sir,

You should have not filed a restitution of conjugal rights.

You should now fight your Petition and prepare evidence for future in order to defend your case in case they file false cases against you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

233 votes

first how she know that you have filed the conjugal application if notice has not issued. you have safeguard yourself by filling the conjugal application if she filed anything you have conjugal application for that show in the court that i have file conjugal application to come back.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
309 votes

Have faith in the judicial system. If you have already filed a case for restitution of conjugal rights, the summons will be issued eventually. However, you might want to withdraw the said case and consider filing a case for divorce, since if your wife is threatening to file false cases against you and the sanctity of your marriage has already been tarnished.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles