Fed up of husband's drinking habits. What can i do about it?

i m married for 20 years now. have 2 kids one is a major who is studying in Australia and the other one is minor. my husband has been an Alcoholic since our marriage. but since last 7 years his habit of drinking has just increased. he is not working at all and comes from a strong business family. the amount of rent which comes from my property is taken by him. i work as a counselor in Kodai Kanal. what should i do here i m fed up of all the habits of my husband.

Answers (2)

78 votes

you must file an FIR against him for the offence of mental cruelty . if you donot wish to take such a strong step then file a written application with local police and keep the acknowledgment copy then issue a legal notice and intiate proceedings under Domestic Voilance Act in which you can all the reliefs which you are in need of. if you wish to get seperate from him then after the afortesaid steps you can file divorce petition and also ask for your share of property to secure your and childrens future.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

First you need to decide if you want to go for divorce. The future course of action can be decided after that.
Anyways you have remedies to claim maintenance from your husband and share in his property.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles