×

quesFed up of husband's drinking habits. What can i do about it?

i m married for 20 years now. have 2 kids one is a major who is studying in Australia and the other one is minor. my husband has been an Alcoholic since our marriage. but since last 7 years his habit of drinking has just increased. he is not working at all and comes from a strong business family. the amount of rent which comes from my property is taken by him. i work as a counselor in Kodai Kanal. what should i do here i m fed up of all the habits of my husband.

• ansyou must file an FIR against him for the offence of mental cruelty . if you donot wish to take such a strong step then file a written application with local police and keep the acknowledgment copy then issue a legal notice and intiate proceedings under Domestic Voilance Act in which you can all the reliefs which you are in need of. if you wish to get seperate from him then after the afortesaid steps you can file divorce petition and also ask for your share of property to secure your and childrens future.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansFirst you need to decide if you want to go for divorce. The future course of action can be decided after that.
      Anyways you have remedies to claim maintenance from your husband and share in his property.

Advocate Sooraj Hulke

Kharghar, Navi Mumbai