False harassment case put by wife, what legal recourse should I take

my brother divorce case going on. he was now satying with us. her wife in last 12 years stayed for on and average max 5 days per year but put case of harressent against me. and also 2 other brother who was seperated before 12 and 26 years. can we file case against her to proove that she stayed here or what to do

Answers (2)

103 votes

As you said your Brother's divorce case is going on, in that your brother's wife has filed a case of harressment on you and your 2 other brother, even if she has filed false case you have to defend yourself and your brothers. You can also file a counter case against her as she has filed a false case against you all. You better call me so that i can understand your matter. since you have not properly elobrated your case, so further i can directly advice you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

64 votes

Presuming that she has opted for domestic violence complaint, she can not include yours and your other two brothers in her complaint, as you were not staying with them. You and your brothers should go for FIR quashing praying the court to drop charges against you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles