False Dowry Case threatening what to do

Dear Sir, I am Ankit get married with a woman who is highly spiritual. She is doing her PhD in Shantikunj Haridwar. After marriage she stayed with me for two months and then she left for her house. She did not come back. We requested to her father multiple times and ask the reason of not coming. We also have audio recording of the same. She is not with me for last seven months all the efforts were made to bring her back but could not succeed. Now they are asking 40 lacs rupees for the divorce otherwise they will go to court (I have Audio Recording too). During marriage also they conveyed wrong information like, they wrote three years less date of birth and they Dr. on wedding card infact she was pursuing the phd etc...please advice ...

Answers (3)

281 votes

Apko subse pahle apni wife ke against section 9 Hindu marriage act ki petition file karni hogi,uske Baad ap apke facts ke according criminal proceedings file Karna...or usme saare facts include karte hue FIR lodge karwa dena

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

281 votes

my dear friend , file petition section 9 HMA in family court

When either the husband or the wife has without reasonable excuse withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by a petition to the family court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly".

section 9 HMA petition is a shield for you against false dowry cases .
contact for detail

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
144 votes

Hi ; in such situation ; you better take the prompt action and act legally ; as you are right at your stand . Better you file the section 9 application that is restitution of conjugal rights under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 ; explaining all the concerned legal points under it. Which will certainly favor you .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles