Evidence needed to file a divorce and DV case

I got married in May2015 in Jaipur. Soon after marriage, troubles started b/w me & MIL. Initially my husband supported me, but later he also went against me. Both he & MIL used to call my parents & complain about my misbehaviour. In Dec2015, they told my father to take me with them for 1-2 months, as my SIL had a delivery & their house is very small. In Feb2016, he went to Assam for work & told my father he has broken relations with his parents & he will get me to Assam soon after he sets his job there. He kept constant touch with my father via phone calls. In May2016, they sent a letter to us saying - I am a fool, mentally unfit girl, I dont understand anything & they want to break the marriage. My father tried his best to patch up. In Sept2016, they sent another letter that - I cant take bath, wear clothes, etc. on my own. I want to know if I can file a defamation case for insulting us, a cheating case because my husband broke his promises, & a divorce case? What evidences do I need?

Answers (2)

Madan ur r innocent and u more believed on ur husband and in law so its problems arise ,u can file case under sec 12&23 of dv act as we'll as file case for maintenance u/ s 125of cr PC ,in evidence ur marriage proof, ur statement ,ur photos and ur relative statement is require in favour of u at time of evidence rest on VI's a vise

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can file a complain under Domestic Violence Act 2005 ; besides this section 9 application can also be moved (restitution of conjual rights ) ; if what your in laws and spouse is telling a lie ; if there was any dowry demand it comes under section 498 (if only it was done) , besides section 125 for maintenance ; if situation suits so ;

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am married in the year 2011. No children. In the year 2016 September 30th I filed a missing complaint on my wife at Police Station, and the case is …

Read More

Respected lawyers, I filed divorce on wife's adultery. I filed I.A. and prayed the Hon'ble court that, I don't know who is the third perso…

Read More

Meri shadi ko 1 year hue Hai , mere husband waise to bhot achche hai but unhe mujhme koi interest nai he don't love me , Kuch Abhi wo mujhpe jhuth…

Read More

I got married on 21 july 2015. I m belong to hindu family.He ve no believe on me. From three months i m at my mother home. He is not accepting my call…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue