quesDomestic Violence, Forced Miscarriage, Dowry Harassment

I have been married for 2 years. My husband and his family have harassed me and my family for dowry and have even caused my forced miscarriage. IO is not ready to arrest them even though their AB has been rejected. They are not ready to sign he divorce papers either.

What can be done in this regard?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansSee police has discretion to arrest even in cognizable offences like these. Have you mentioned in th FIR that your in laws caused you forced miscarriage. If yes and still police is not arresting them, then you can go to High Court and file a writ petition directing Police to arrest the accused.

      Apart from this File for divorce on grounds of cruelty

      Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

        Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

    • ansyou need to take civil as well criminal actions against your husband and his family members by filing the complaint in Crime against women cell,by lodging the complaint under section 406/498A for dowery demand and harrasment,by filing a complaint/ petition under Domestic Violence act and by filing the divorce petition thereby bringing them to come to the table for settlement.

      Advocate Narender Kumar Sachdeva

        Kailash Colony, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    1. A man has married again while divorce still not declared with the first wife.while…

    1.5 years have been passed since i got married....m not sexually satisfied with my husband...can…

    Mera pati mujpe shak krta hai. Muje ghar se bhar nikal rakha hai. Mujpe juthe…
    Hi am approximately 3 years to marriage. I have one son who is 2 years.my…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly