Divorce from wife. No physical relation since day one. What to do?

I completed only 8 months of marriage. My wife is very quarrelsome always disturb me blaming me & my family torturing her. In fact she has not allowed me to have physical relations since the day one of our marriage. Blaming me for extra-marital relations. Always threaten me "to file a case of rape if you touched my body" I have video recording & SMS threating me for divorce. Will these evidences favour me if I apply for separation.

Answers (2)

214 votes

Please note that under Hindu law, you cannot file for a divorce unless you complete one year of marriage unless you have taken prior permission of the Court under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act. And yes, your recordings and videos shall assist you to quite an extent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

In this circumstances, you can p[proceed to file Judicial Separation as per Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 with specific grounds and situation you are facing . If she is threatening you for divorce than you can proceed for mutual Divorce after one year of marriage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles