divorce case missing husband how to handle it

I m not living with my husband since past 1 and half year. In Oct 2016 I filed a divorce case but in Sept 2016 he left the message and left his house. We were not living together tat time. And I was expecting ex parte divorce. But in last hearing tat was in 18 April 2017. His brother had sent an application with his lawyer to ask permission to fight case in his behalf. And judge accepted it. What will happen next? Can someone guide me? When will I get divorce?

Answers (3)

199 votes

your matter is for divorce among u and your husband so actually both husband and wife can fight there matter individually...no one can faught on behalf of your husband because court will deliver its judgment on the contention of the parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

121 votes

Hello, read your query. If your husband has appeared in this matter, and now if not appearing then ex-parte order cannot be passed. And on what basis the court has given permission to his brother to appear.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
321 votes

His brother has no locus standi to plead on his behalf. Divorce case is too personal as liabilities are for the spouses. You challenge order of court allowing his brother to defend case. And ask additional prayer of proceeding matter ex parte

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles