Divorce case filed under Hindu Marriage Act in Chennai. Kindly advise.

My marriage was not registered ,My first question do I have to file divorce I filed my divorce on August 2016. Till now I came across 6 vaidhas.Still they are saying counter,counter.How long they will do it.Till now the girl has not appeared before the court. Do you think I should get expart. Kindly suggest what can be done at this point.

Answers (2)

168 votes

You have applied for divorce and that is the correct procedure though your marriage is not registered. Surely in 1-2 more hearings the Court will set your husband exparte. Kindly tell your Advocate to request the Judge not to give any more time. Kindly contact me for a detailed discussion, so that I can give you a clear advice and further guidance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

243 votes

When you got married?, what is the significance in raising the question pertaining to registration of marriage?, as for as court proceedings is concerned " you have to stress the other side to appear" i.e appearance before the court, or you can seek exparte order if the respondent failed to appear for three consecutive hearings.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles