Divorce between Indian and New zealand citizenship partner what to do

I wanted to know..in case of husband having Indian citizenship and wife having Newzeland citizenship, and marriage registered in India as per Hindu marriage act. In case of any dispute after marriage, shall Wife file a case in Newzeland for divorce/maintenance or for child custody.

Answers (3)

318 votes

If she is a citizen of New Zealand and she is residing in New Zealand at that time then she can file a case for divorce/custody in the Courts of New Zealand. Please note that custody can be filed where the child resides at that point.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

253 votes

If Registered under Hindu Marriage Act then to filed under Hindu Marriage Act i for Divorce interalia other releifs like custody etc. But also advisable to check if she has any scope of filing there under any law in New Zealand under any extreme stuation especially maintenance / custody.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
160 votes

Why are u worried if husband is no Indian wife is not Indian what we Indian have to worry about thier divorce .let them search and pay advocate and law firm to know about it ,if food is distributed free in charity then have courtsey eat for self and not to carry for others ,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles