Dissatisfied by wife can i file for divorce

I am a reputed professional married to a previously divorced woman since 7 years and have a 4 year old son. My wife is a housewife and totally dependent on me. I recently moved to Delhi while my wife and son are in hometown. I have been facing a loss of identity and sexual dissatisfaction with my wife. Due to this I decided to confront her to explain the issue but in vain. Now I have decided to give her divorce. I am also in a relationship with a girl who i might plan to get married to. Since my parents wont understand this reason so easily & we owe alot of property,please suggest how to procd

Answers (2)

203 votes

If you are ready tobtake divorce from your wife and you had made her understand the said fact you get her ready for the divorce by mutual consent. And if she is not ready for the said divorce you can file a divorce petition on cruelity grounds. About the properties only the properties in your name are looked into for the purposeof maintenance of woman but for the child he has right in both your as well as ancesteral properties Now for the xustody of child that can be your mutual decisionas per the benedits pfrjwchild being parents any one can take the custody with mutual terms for the visitation rights to other or as per your wish. As prr law custody will presently go to mother but if mutually agreed can go to either of you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

131 votes

Yes you can go ahead and file the divorce proceedings against her on the basis of cruelty.Therefore appropriate facts to be mentioned in the same as non cohabitation or consummation in a married life is a cruelty within itself.Therefore you can proceed with divorce proceedings in accordance to all incidents.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles