Court ordered maintenance more than my income what can I do

I earn 16000 per month I have all the witness but according to lower court I earn 40000 per month with no proof just a assumption any they fixed my maintainance of rs 15000 per month I have no child she is earning more than me but I don't know what to do in high court j can't go advocates are demanding too much money for that so please suggest me what to do

Answers (4)

215 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

108 votes

You have to challenge the lower court order to the higher court otherwise she will file an execution petition before the concerned court and your salary will be attached. Without appealing the said order, the order will be not be corrected by the higher court in suo Moto. I would suggest you to challenge the order or pay the expenses. You have very limited options. Revert me . All the best.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
298 votes

It it unfortunate, you can certainly challenge that order and if you succeeded to prove that she is earning, then she will not be entitle for any maintenance.
Further, the general tendency of the court to order for maintenance of 30% of the total income of the husband.

110 votes

You should go to High Court to challenge that order. There are legal cells which will provide you advocate without any fee or on basic fee. You also get evidence about her earning that will support your case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles