Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Conditions required to file petition for divorce & maintenance

I got married in april 2016. I stayed in India for 1month with my wife. We were really happy then. After i came back to canada. And i asked my wife for documents,she made excuses to send me those. And didnt even stay at my place in India. I send her money and gifts every month. Now after 8months , after repeatedly asking her for documents to apply for her spouse visa, she has denied blantly and is asking for divorce and money from me. Am i entitled to give her any money support in this case? Or can i file a fraud case against her and her family?

Answers (3)

Money settlement is matter out of court, so you both have to decide for getting divorce in mutual consent after completion of one year after marriage. Otherwise you can file divorce petition under section 13 of HM Act against her, but for that purpose you will have come India. No fruad case is made out against her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear before filing any case first you should clear your intention that you are still want to live with her, as she is denying to come to Canada or stay with you, but in order to create a defense in your favor file a petition U/S 9 of Hindu marriage act, it will help you in all the further litigations. If your wife deserted you without any reasonable excuse she is not entitle for maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Marriage is a sacred union of two souls and bodies which cannot be run without faith and love. So far as payment of maintenance is concerned she can claim maintenance but if you proves that she herself is guilty of desertion and there is no fault on your part then she is not entitled to any maintenance. Law never favour a person who herself is guilty of deserting her spouse. So far as case of divorce is concerned it can't be filled with in one year of marriage. In rare cases it can be filled with in one year if there is extra hardship other wise not.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Namste sir I couldn't get divorce should I pay maintainance to my ex wife? And I got know she is working somewhere but unable to prove what should…

Read More

me and wife married for 10.5 years with both working and a 4.5 year old daughter. I am from city X and my wife is from city Y with both of u…

Read More

I belong to uttar pradesh and doctor by profession..Order was passed on 13.06.2016 by..after that I received no recovery summon till jan 2017.In feb 2…

Read More

She can claim maintenance under section 125 and also in DV and section 24 though both are working , will she be granted in any of these??…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue