Collection of Legal Documents or Notices by the family member

Pl let me know what all legal notices and documentsare to be personally collected by affected party and cannot be handed over to parents/ sibling/representative when sent by courier or Indian Post as per Hindu Marriage Act Law

Answers (2)

170 votes

There is no such law is in existence under Hindu Marriage Act for your convenience unfortunately anyhow you can send it through registered post through post office by specifically mentioning that it has to be delivered to the particular person. Hence Post office people are the right person to answer for this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

320 votes

There is no problem if someone from the family or representative collects the legal notice or other legal document. However he can state to the post man that the concerned person is not available hence he or she is receiving on her behalf

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles