Clarification on child custody and maintenance for child after divorce

a hindu married woman, ive been married for 4 years. I have a one year old daughter. I have been steadily employed earning a modest salary. My husband on the other hand has been throughout our 4 year marriage been unemployed for a major portion of it out of sheer unwillingness to work. The responsibility of the upkeep of my baby and her needs has squarely fallen on my shoulders. Even in his current business he is not actively working thus not earrings as per his potential.. After numerous interventions we have finally agreed tp get a mutual consent divorce. Seeing the current scenario will i get any child support? Also as he is his parents only child will my daughter have any rights on my father in laws self acquired property. Also how should i arrive at a lumpsum child support amount as he is currently willingly underemployed.

Answers (3)

Dear client, in this case instead of an advocate as my daughter suggest you,what was the position if he was in service and u unemployed, can we accept this as a cause of divorce, if he has no any bad habit, as he loanly son he might be some what lazy, he will take care of your children. Advice him proper business in which your attention may be possible,even court will not accept this cause of divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Your daughter's maintenance education expenses till she attain major is your husband's reponsibility, you can get through court and she has right in your father in laws property, if it is ancestral. You can engage a family court lawyer and ask for your daughter's maintainable expenses even if he is unemployed, he can not get away with a excuse.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

You can get the sole custody of your daughter. She has the right in the ancestral property of her grand father by birth. In case if grand father dies intestate then again her right in her father's share. But if he makes a will then as per the contents of will.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can you please tell me how much maintaince i will get as my husband is earning 35000 and he is paying 5000 monthy as emi of some loan.I have a small b…

Read More

I am having matrimonial disputes case going on from last 3 years. Trial court has passed orders of maintenance in 125 case of Rs 20000 p.m. and in dom…

Read More

I got married in2011 its arrange marriage. From starting my husband's behavior towards me its not good he always avoid me in public places and alw…

Read More

Hello sir/madam friend has given divorced to his wife..she has filed case for maintenance..he has agreed for giving maintenance..but the thing is…

Read More