Christian want divorce from my husband for mentally torturing me

I am a christain. I feel mentally tortured from my husband.He tries to hide certain issues of his personal life.when I try to confirm it n asks question, he becomes defensive. My brother tried his best to help him financially though he dont have it himself. Yet he abuses my people too.he gets angry with me easily. He flirts with ladies n tells me that flirts are essential. He even got drank with other woman. N he flirted with that lady too. He dont worry for our childs future but he worries all the time for his parents n sisters. He dont think of saving. But enjoys the present. I dont understant why with small issues he starts breaking home things. It seems those breakings are to make me more upset. He dont even have a status to provide me a proper clothing uet harasses me thats why I am really hurt. I wish a divorce. 

Answers (1)

176 votes

Divorce can be claimed on account of cruelty under Indian Divorce Act. Under divorce law in India, Sec. 19 of the Indian Divorce Act lays down specific grounds on which a decree can be obtained to the effect of declaring the marriage as null and void;
A suit for judicial separation can be sought under Sec. 22 of the Act on the grounds of adultery, desertion and cruelty.
As per the Indian Divorce Act, a person can re-marry:
6 months after the date order of a High Court confirming of the decree for dissolution of marriage made by a District Judge
After 6 months from the date on which a decree of dissolving of marriage is passed by a High Court and no appeal has been madewhen appeal has been dismissed

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles

Related Articles