Case dismissed, wife not going because of in-law harassment, advise

what to do if husband files case under 9 Hindu marriage Act RCR, and case gets dismiss after 1 year due to non appearance of husbannd. Wife wants to go back but subjected to cruelty in in-laws home. she is living with her own parents from last 2 years. Mrriage took place in 2014 and and she lived in her in-laws home only for 2 months.

Answers (3)

163 votes

Read your query, and the Information provided by you , it doesn't matter that your husband has file a case under section 9 of HMA and it was dismissed, the wife has also the right to file a case under 9 HMA, there are other remedies also , contact me I will guide you further.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

if you want to go back you can file a case under sec. 9 H M A for restitution of conjugal rights. And can also file case for domestic violence as well as cruelty. there is no bar for you to file a petition under section 9 HMA.

Hunar Gupta

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
152 votes

You can file case for maintenance under sec 125 cr.Pc and domestic violence act for cruelity . File an case for divorce also and in divorce case there is first stage for reconciliation and in that stage court try to make settlement between the parties , so ask at that time I am ready to go if the husband promise me that he and his family shall not torture or beat her. If you file case under sec 9 Hindu marriage act and even after court order if your husband doesn't take back you home than there is no option left for you. Whereas case of maintenance and domestic violence is pressure on husband family so that they ready to take back you home as in both cases they have to give you maintaince.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles