Can wife get property in case of divorce

In the case of divorce, who take property.......yeh property wife ko milegi ya bache ko agar koi bhi property father ki nahi h sirf uske dada ki h to kya us property mai divorce k bad grandaughter/son ka usme haq hota h...father us bacche ki lookafter k liye agar mother ko recommendation pay kar raha h fir bhi propery mai bache ka hissa hoga vo property dada ne khud earned ki h usme unke bhi father ki koi involvement nhi jo banai gai h v khud apne paise se to kya dada ki property mai pota/poti ko hissa milega....agar bacche ki maa kahi aur shadi bhi karti h fir bhi ya nhi us case

Answers (3)

106 votes

the children will have share in the property of the father if it is inherited or ancestral. After divorce there will be no claim pending in the share of the children if the children stay with the mother and the mother remarries.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

241 votes

sir, law is very clear that grand-children or daughter-in-law has no right in grand parents/father-in-law's property.

Any person is free to use his property or to sell it; and only his wife has right of residence in his property neither his son nor his daughter-in-law. So a person can evict his son and daughter-in-law from his property. And daughter-in-law cannot claim any right in his father-in-law property.

So far as issue of maintenance and custody of children are concerned, I think this issue must have been decided between husband and wife at the time of divorce...

And even if not decided, the same has nothing to do with property of husband except the usual rights of alimony of wife and maintenance of children..

However, it would be better if u have a detailed conversation for further clarification.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
330 votes

bacche ki maa ko kuch ni milega except maintenance but grandson/daughter is entitled for property, yes unhe milegi.

Dear Sir/madam
there is right under HMA(Hindu Marriage Act) grandson and daughter is entitled for property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles