can wife file adultery case after signing mutual consent divorce

In Divorce Law
i am married for 14 years. I have an affair with unmarried girl. My wife left me and is asking for divorce. i agreed to her demands and have filed for mutual consent. She and her parents are now torturing me and my parents for greater amount of alimony saying that she will file for adultery and domestic violense. Can she do this after filling for mutual consent ?

Answers (2)

153 votes

I am answering you to considering you as Hindu , as you both already filed for mutual divorce in that case she can not go against it. And she may file DV complaint and regarding adultery...question is that have you committed it ? And adultery is difficult to prove further details are qeruired to advise ty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

341 votes

When petition was filed for mutual diivorce and what terms settled in it? If terms and conditions decided between you then she cannot be eligible to file adultery and domestic voilence against you.. And If matter has not seelted then she can file the same against you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles