quesCan wife claim maintenance after divorce if she holds medical degree

Wife started having issues adjusting after 20- 25 days of marriage. Left home in 2015 and never came back till now. Its more than a year now. Husband and wife both are medical degree holders, now wife is asking for compensation of monthly expense and refund of marriage expense, even after being capable of earning herself. How can we go about this case. let me highlight, this marriage was result of girl claiming to be in love with the guy who she saw online.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansWife can't claim maintenance once divorce is granted unless maintenance granted by the court. .if court granted maintenance at the time of pasing decree then she can claim or else no... even wife is having medical degree and if she is not working or earning then husband has to pay maintenance

      Advocate Divakara P B

        Seshadri Puram, Bangalore

    • ansSeek divorce and you are no need to pay any compensation of monthly expenses, since she qualified and she earn and marriage expenses subject to establishing proof expenses to proved before the court.

      Advocate Periyaswamy K S

        Domlur Layout, Bangalore

    • ansthis marriage was result of girl claiming to be in love with the guy who she saw online, this shall not come in the way, but right of maintenance exist to the either of the spouse, but the same can be avoided by showing enough evidence that she is capable of earning herself, so collect the evidence that she is capable of earning her lively hood and take defence that the marriage is not consummated and the lady have not shared the bed ever.

      Advocate Janardhana

        Vivekananda Nagar, Bangalore

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Hi sir, I m a Christian boy married to a Christian girl since 2015. My…
    Hi, my sister married 10 years back and separated after 1 year without legal procedure.…
    What is the process and fees for arranging Divorce by mutual consent in Mumbai. Hindu…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly