×

quesCan wife claim maintenance after divorce if she holds medical degree

Wife started having issues adjusting after 20- 25 days of marriage. Left home in 2015 and never came back till now. Its more than a year now. Husband and wife both are medical degree holders, now wife is asking for compensation of monthly expense and refund of marriage expense, even after being capable of earning herself. How can we go about this case. let me highlight, this marriage was result of girl claiming to be in love with the guy who she saw online.

• ansWife can't claim maintenance once divorce is granted unless maintenance granted by the court. .if court granted maintenance at the time of pasing decree then she can claim or else no... even wife is having medical degree and if she is not working or earning then husband has to pay maintenance

Advocate Divakara P B

Seshadri Puram, Bangalore

• ansSeek divorce and you are no need to pay any compensation of monthly expenses, since she qualified and she earn and marriage expenses subject to establishing proof expenses to proved before the court.

Advocate Periyaswamy K S

Domlur Layout, Bangalore

• ansthis marriage was result of girl claiming to be in love with the guy who she saw online, this shall not come in the way, but right of maintenance exist to the either of the spouse, but the same can be avoided by showing enough evidence that she is capable of earning herself, so collect the evidence that she is capable of earning her lively hood and take defence that the marriage is not consummated and the lady have not shared the bed ever.

Advocate Janardhana

Vivekananda Nagar, Bangalore