can we file mutual divorce if i have filed 497 against wife' Paramour

5 months earlier I found out that my wife was having an affair with my friend and colleague. My friend's wife and I found them in a compromising position at my house. I have filed a case of adultery against my wife and 497 against the Paramour. My friend's wife has also filed adultery case against her husband and we both are willing to testify in the court of law against our spouses. Can I file 497 against her Paramour and at the same time do a mutual consent divorce as I know adultery cases take forever to solve?

Answers (2)

296 votes

If your wife agrees, you can file for a mutual divorce.
However, please take care while preparing the attached settlement terms that no such case is mentioned therein. Generally details of all pending cases and undertaking that parties would withdraw them is given in it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

134 votes

Sir for mutual consent divorce you will first have to get your wife to agree to the divorce. So if you are taking the paramour to the Court it seems unlikely that your wife will consent for the divorce. That apart, yes you can file for mutual consent.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles