Can we file for child maintenance if it is been denied for mother

Maintenance allowances granted to child from aft denying maintenance to mother. Civil authorizes maintenance to mother stating that child is getting maintenance from aft. Can one person be subjected both forum,rules.

Answers (3)

253 votes

Yes the maintenance can be filed in both the petitions.It depends on the court, if it is proved the maintenance is inadequate then the same can be enhanced. In your case in one forum maintenance is granted to child and in other to mother its legal, however facts r to be seen why other court declined to mother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

Yes you can file petition for maintenance for child even in the case it has been denied for mother. The onous of maintening wife is different than the child. Rest can be advised only after perusal of order in hand.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
246 votes

Yes you can under section 26 of the Hindu Marriage Act. There would be separate proceedings for that. You can peruse the same for your knowledge..However, you have to give complete information about past proceedings....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles

Related Articles