quesCan re marry as first wife live in village and we have no relationship

Hi. I am married few years ago by Hindu tradition and my marriage was not registered. Now she lives in village and I am in city and we have no relationship. Now can I marry in court? Do I need any document from her what she agree? By documents I am single.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      If your first wife has all the legal documents for your marriage such as photograph, wedding cards, certificate from temple or pandit, then you cannot marry in the court because  during the lifetime of your wife if you re marry  then you could be held liable for  committing bigamy and adultery.

      Further your second marriage will be void.

      Hence suggested that you seek divorce from first wife and re marry.

    • ansDear,
      As you yourself admitted that you are married so definitely there are some evidence available for the same. But if your documents shows your status as single it reflects your malafide intention to cheat someone and its a crime itself. Now come to the next query i.e. to marry with another woman: dear without taking divorce from the first wife whether you have any relation to her or not is bigamy and a punishable offence in the eye of law.
      OPINION: I suggest you to opt for mutual divorce if possible and then proceed for 2nd marriage.

      For further query to get more clarification take an appointment.

      Mohan S.

      Advocate Mohan S

        Janakpuri, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My wife in her complaint to the police today told them that I have been…
    How much time it will usually take after i file a case to get decree…

    I want to file a mutual divorce . My husband is NRI and has sent…

    My brother's wife has made false allegations of extra marital affairs on my brother and…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly