Can i remarry without getting the divorce decree but by judgment?

I got recently divorced. But the divorce decree is awaited from the court. The judgment was passed. Can i re marry now without waiting for the divorce decree?

Answers (3)

136 votes

Sir as perfect law period is prescribed for challenging the decree of divorce with 90 days from date of order so unless that period is expired it will be inappropriate to remarry . I would suggest to wait for said period un order to avoid further complications.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

235 votes

If it is mutual divorce, yes you can remarry without decree, but if you entering into registered marriage than yo u may need the decree copy. Otherwise you can remarry immediately. Further if it was contested divorce than either of party can file appeal against the order and so you need to wait till appeal period i.e 90 days

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
346 votes

you can't re-marry.. despite of getting decree of divorce..
you required to wait till limitation period over i.e. 30 days appeal to high court.
after limitation period is over parties are entitled to make application for condonation of delay.. if sufficient cause is shown delay may be condoned by high court. appeal against family court decree is always before Division bench

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles