Can I recover money given to husband in the form of maintenance?

Hi , After a 2 years of marriage I came to know , my husband is jobless and communicated wrong education and job details during arrange marriage. he has taken my 2 years of salary and had taken some amounts from my brother too for fake information of flat booking. We came to know that , he used that money in flat construction which is on his father's name and give some amount to his sister to purchase flat. Even he used my money for his brothers education and expenditure too. Now , we are living separately from last 6 months and I want to take divorce immediately. My queries are , 1. Shall I get property rights which is on his father and sister's name 2. Shall I get my all financial returned which he used 3. Is there any provision to get my brother's money too in divorce case 4. Shall I get additional Maintenance for his fraud ness ? 5. How much time required to get divorce?

Answers (1)

105 votes

It depends on the litigation and procedure of the Court how much time it takes also the question of maintenance you raised is valid and you have whole right to have maintenance from such person who has cheated you and also used your money for his and his family members benefits by proving the same before the Hon'ble Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles