Can i get back gold which was given in a mutual divorse

plz give answer as per hindu law , can i get back gold wich given after marrige & my in lwas demand of 25 lac for divorce plz give solution asap

Answers (3)

129 votes

It depends on the grounds of the case you have filed and the judge will decide if the matter is still in process as the matter of fact you can get it back once the onus is proved that the other side is on fault

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

237 votes

Yes the things whichever you get in a marriage is your stridhan. And you are entitled for the same.
There is a judgment of apex court that women is an absolute owner of stridhan.
You can file a criminal complaint under protection of women from domestic violence act. You can also go with a civil remedy

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
224 votes

In such situations you have to be clear in your mind why you want exactly ?

Don't pay such amount to her no need to pay huge amount there is thousands of reason you can take diveorce from your wife

You have so many options to take diveorce
Mutual divorce is one of them

In other options you don't have to pay a amount as compensation .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles