Can i file for divorce as wife had an affair before marriage

Hi sirs, my name is manohar raju, 1 year before I got married and after conceiving after 2 month's of marriage, she herself revealed she has an affair about 5-6 years, before marriage. And also she said their parents know that and they also agreed for their marriage.. but it won't happened. She told that she had physical relation with him... after conceiving she went to her house and delivered a baby girl. In this 8 months span I didn't met her till date. I was mentally disturbed for her adultery relationship before marriage also.. when I asked for divorce now she is lying like I was not told to you anything. And also their parents are planning to file cases against me and mom like 498a, dv etc, now what should I do please help me on this.

Answers (1)

304 votes

sir if you can collect the evidence of that affair your marriage is voidable marriage. you can file case against your in laws and your wife for cheating and concealing the information before marriage. but in this case your evidence must be solid.
you collect the information about that person and any documents if any and make him party to the proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles