Can i file a divorce case on behalf my brother who is in US.

My brother is based in US. He wants to file a divorce case against his wife due to compatibility issues. His wife is in India. He currently cant take long leave and visit India.Is he required to come to India to file the case ? Will his job be affected due to the case ? On behalf him, as a sister can I file the case ? looking forward to your advise.

Dear client,
There r certain legal formalities for which the partys to the divorce need to remain present in the court. Other occassions can be taken care by lawyer by requesting court about the job status n all.
There should not be effect of the divorce case so far as the job is concerned.

yes you can file the case on behalf of your brother. you need to obtain power of attorney from your brother and on the basis of poa; you can file the case. at the time of evidence, your brother can come and give evidence. normally judges are co-operative in such matters and your brother could get suitable dates

In these circumstances, we need to seek permission of the court for representation of the case through your appearance.
It is quite possible that you will be able to represent your brother.

Contact for detailed advice

Dear client u can file divorce on the behalf of yr brother here in India. For that u have to take power of attorny ftom yr brother. Then only u can appear on the behalf of him in the court. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil

Pune