Can I divorce my wife on the ground that she is not able to conceive

I want to divorce my wife with whom m married 4 nine years n still she's not able to conceive. I want get separated from her n marry another girl.but our families r supporting her.what n how to do?

Answers (2)

268 votes

That is case the court to decide, what at the most you can do is file a divorce petition and wait for justice. your family support is not the only way for her and just she cannot conceive you should think for some other options, will explain you in personal meeting.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

54 votes

It is not ground for the divorce . U may adopt a child if the medical report goes against the conception . Moreover, four years are over and the Court will definately refuse to give you divorce. It is better to accept the fact and live happily rather than seek divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles