Can I Change the Grounds for my Divorce?

I filed my case in tambaram in 2016 dec seeking divorce in desertion ground ( 3years) as per the advice of my lawyer. But I explained the lawyer regarding the mental and physical cruelty of my husband. He told we will put like this you will get easily divorce and if he is not coming we will get expartie.Now the respondent came and he is protesting to give divorce because I am an government employee trying take benefit out of it. Now whether I can change the ground from desertion to cruelty and desertion. Is there any problem in changing the ground.

In the ground for desertion, what is the reason for desertion? Have you made any reference to any cruelty at all. Has your husband filed his counter in the Petition? If he has not filed his counter then you can file a petition for amendment and add the ground for cruelty. If you are in Chennai and need any further assistance then you can contact me. Kindly contact me to discuss the case in detail so that I can give proper guidance.