can divorce and maintenance case be filed together

Are divorce case and kids maintenance different,do we need to pay fees separately to lawers

Answers (3)

321 votes

Hi....Yes you can file divorce and maintenance case together in one petition and you can also file separate petition for your and your child maintenance . If you filing the separate petition you have to pay separate fees.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

Maintenance and divorce are two separate subjects.. so that's two separate applications, two separate hearings, two separate filings, two separate court fees & clerkage, and most likely two different courts - the lawyer may take separate fees. However since the facts remain the same, drafting and conducting the case is slightly easier, so lawyer may take common fees for filing, but separate for conducting the case. Good luck.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
90 votes

Yes divorce and maintenance can be filed together there is no legal bar instead filing of maintenance case will help you in getting divorce so file maintenance petition under section 125 crpc along with divorce petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles