Can a married hindu women file contested divorce procedure on her own

Question 1: Can a married hindu women file a petition for contested divorce on her own, means without a lawyer? If yes, please tell the where to get the form? And tell step by step procedure Question 2: If the women files the petition for contested divorce with the help of a lawyer, what will be approximate expenses? Question 3: After the petition is filed, what further expenses will come?

Answers (4)

119 votes

Mam you can file a divorce petition on your own and can pursue it yourself.. There is no form which is required.. You have to draft a petition and several affidavit.. After u submit tithe petition in court notice will be sent to your husband address and the trial will be conducted

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

No court will not allow you to contest a case without lawyer, and expenses depend upon lawyer to lawyer.

Puneet sharma

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
111 votes


a hindu women can do that or i should say that any individual can do that, but generally judges/court dont encourage such practice.

it is not possible that u will learn the court procedure so easily,

u will have problem in dealing with day to day applications and its reply, summoning of witnesses, tackling the cross examination of witnesses etc

so kindly look for one good matrimonial lawyer and than go accordingly

130 votes

Dear client, it is always better to hire an advocate for court litigation. Mutual consent divorce Will cost you around 12 to 15 thousand.
For further information or clarification you can call or meet me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles